External application / service can be integrated to Netvisor by using our Web Service Interface. It enables bidirectional data transfer between two systems. When using our Web Service Interface, data transfer to and from Netvisor must be done by an active software component. Data is transferred in XML format. Web Service Interface uses REST style communication over HTTP:
- Request is sent by POSTing (in some rare cases only query string parameters are used) data to service address
- Service replies with a response containing result data for request.
Depending on used integration resource, request and response can contain various amount of data. Communication is always done by XML payloads
Integrating external application to Netvisor and joining our ISV partner program we offer e.g. the following benefits:
- Free partner program and freedom of business
- Well documented API and instructions
- Visibility on market place
- Community to support your development and marketing
- Growing and stable customer base
Netvisor integration partners get to join Visma Solutions Community, our cooperation and communication channel, that is used by our customers, developers and our employees.
Visma Solutions Developer Community connects our ISV (software) partners, Accounting company partners and Visma. You can discuss with developers and technical support. Developer Community is targeted for all our software partners and it is a general information channel for matters regarding software partners. We inform all updates to Netvisor API in Developer Community. Community also has information related to ISV Partner program, training and business cooperation.
If you wish to integrate your service with Visma SaaS solutions or wish to develop new business based on those, register as a software partner with Visma Solutions ISV-Partner form: https://goo.gl/forms/ehK3AcCovkZYiZAC3
To help you get started we give you Netvisor's Web Service interface online documentation and a WS Client (written by using Microsoft vb.net/.NETv2). Netvisor WS Client is a ready made library for communicating with Netvisor Web Service. It is a reference implementation where you can find examples and an implementation for sending requests, handling responses and writing authentication headers in it. This reference implementation can be found from: https://github.com/VismaSolutionsOy/NetvisorWSClient. You can freely modify and expand the example implementation.
Please note that the WS Client library is an example and it does not include all our interface resources. The library is no longer updated so it can include old information and it may not work as it is.
If you have any questions or you run into problems with your integration, contact Netvisor partner support by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the list below you can find things that should be noted when you want to get started on your implementation quick and easy and efficiently get the implementation to production. If you run into problems with your integration, contact Netvisor partner support by email email@example.com.
- Find out what you are doing and check if our web service interface has the opportunity to implement that. If you need support, contact our partner support
- Fill in this form https://goo.gl/forms/ehK3AcCovkZYiZAC3 to register as ISV-Partner. With the same form you can order the testing environment and needed credentials.
- Login to Netvisor and get to know the test environment. You can change default settings and services.
- Create API identifiers: Web Service Interface identifiers, activation and pricing
- Read the "Netvisor API Security and authentication.pdf" that you received in the email with the test credentials.
- Send a request to get customerlist -resource (customerlist.nv) to make sure the MAC-calculation and authentication is succesfull.
- If you need test material for Netvisor, use DemoDataGenerator.vb script.
- Go through our Best practice -models here (unfortunately only in Finnihs at the moment)
- When you are ready, please test your implementation thoroughly
- When you have tested the implementation, fill in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/1sn8D356kNXR6Qkr1 to move it to production environment. Before providing the credentials for production environment we will send the partner agreemet to be signed
- After signing the partner agreement we will send the partner credentials to production environment
- To be able to get the implementation deployed you need the customer's Netvisor API credentials that the customer can create following this instruction: Web Service Interface identifiers, activation and pricing. In addition Netvisor customer needs to activate web service interface in Netvisor and enable the integration in Rights of interface resources page. Please read more in Rights of interface resources
Production environment is not meant for testing and that is why all implementations and changes should be tested in test enviroment before moving to production environment. We do not recommend testing with real or sensitive material. In testing phase performance control and information security should be paid extra attention.
When you receive the credentials for test environment, the environment doesn't have any data. You can create data manually in UI or import customers, products and vouchers in csv format using Netvisor's internal tools.
If you have the opportunity to use our WSClient, you can utilise also NetvisorDemoDataGenerator.vb script to generate test material. The script generates:
- Few products, customers and vendors (10 each). Account number for vendors
- Sales invoices and their vouchers (10 each month * 12 months)
- Purchase invoices and their vouchers (10 each month * 12 months) + some PDF attachment
- Vouchers for multiple cost accounts, entry = cost account Debet AN 1910 Bank account Credit using accounts between 7000-7999. So 7000 debet vat 10-24 and 1910 credit
Partner support can also generate the script to your test environment.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback