Travel expense reports in mobile
Travel expense reports and work hours can be managed in full version of Netvisor and in mobile version. Mobile interface is meant for mobile devices but it can be used in other devices as well. Mobile interface is available to Netvisor users and employees. User can choose if they want to use normal or mobile version.
In mobile you can
- Create travel expense reports and add mileage allowances, daily allowances and other expenses to travel expense reports
- Add attachments to expenses
- Give basic information and set cost centers to the expenses
- Move expenses to be approved
- Track your travel expense reports from creation to payment stage
From where to mobile version
About creating a new travel expense report
Mobile version of travel expense reports can be found by clicking a Travel expenses with mobile add in new travel expense report creation page.
- To create new travel expense report
- ‘Create new’ function > Travel expense report
- Old user interface: HRM > Working time and travel expense reports > travel and cost write-offs > New travel expense report
- New user interface: Travel > New travel expense report
Via secure link
Travel expense reports mobile interface can be used via secure link, which is used to log working hours. Link directs you straight to the mobile version if link is opened in mobile device. Secure link is easy to send via text message (SMS) and via the link you will be able to create travel expense reports easily in your mobile phone. More about secure links: Logging work hours via secure links (in Finnish: Työajansyötön turvalinkit).
Netvisor mobile version
In Netvisor’s mobile version you can, among other things, manage your own work hours and travel expense reports. You can find mobile services in m.netvisor.fi. You can log in to mobile version same as the full version, with Bank ID, Mobile ID or Netvisor ID. After logging in you can go to travel expense reports from the home page.
With secure link you can bypass the logging in and go straight to the mobile interface home page.
List view of travel expense reports
- List view of travel expense reports can be accessed via home page
- Travel expense reports listed with their expenses, can be seen in this view
- User can see their expenses in two views, by travel or by status
- Expenses that have been paid over a month ago cannot be seen in the listing. Respectively travel expense report, where all the expenses have been paid over a month ago cannot be seen in the listing
Travel expense reports
- When listed by travels if you tap the trip, a function menu will open where
- Travel expense report and all its expenses can only be deleted if none of the expenses have been paid
- Expenses to travel expense report can be added
- The basic information of travel expense report can be edited
- Deleting a travel expense report is possible
- User can choose if the expenses will be shown by travel expense reports or by status
Statuses / Colors
- Expenses that are in draft mode are in yellow (in employees point of view those are not finished)
- When expenses are moved to be approved, color will change to green. Also from this point towards, status will stay green (in employees point of view these are finished).
- When listed by status, expenses will be shown by approval status (factual verification status is shown only if factual verification is on in payroll settings)
Creating new travel expense report
- New travel expense report is created from the green plus (+) symbol
- Give travel expense report a name and informal, more specific, description if wished
- Travel expense reports can be created and saved and expenses can be added later or expenses can be created straight after creation. After expense type has been selected, expense information can be given (see “Travel expense reports expenses”)
- Note that when closing or canceling a new travel expense report it will close the window and will not save changes made
Travel expense reports expenses
- There are three types of expenses
- Mileage allowance (when traveling with your own car or similar)
- Daily allowance (domestic and abroad)
- Other expense (e.g. taxi fare, accommodation, travel tickets, etc.)
- Expenses will be shown either by travel or by approval status whichever is chosen
- Expenses information can be seen when tapping the expense row
- More information can be found when tapping the “More information”
- As long as expense is in draft stage expense information can be changed
- Stage of the expense can be seen in upper right corner after expense has been saved (=created)
- To add attachments, tap blue “Add photo” button
- This will open devices own menu and picture can be chosen from the photo gallery or new photo can be taken.
- Attachment can be renamed and it can be given a definition
- Attachment name will be used when processing the expense
- Information of the link can be accessed via link name which will appear as a link
- Preview is not possible if the new row has not been saved once
- Added attachment can be removed from the red cross (x) symbol at the end of the link
Moving finished expense to acceptance
- When expense is ready it can be saved or saved and moved to acceptance
- This can be done with “Move to acceptance” button
- If expense row is not to be moved to acceptance, expense row can be saved (save as a draft) and moved to acceptance later
Editing expenses and attachments
- Expense and its attachments can be edited as long as they are in draft stage. If expense has been moved to acceptance (and it has not been paid) it can be returned to draft and is again editable
Deleting an expense
- Expense can be deleted when it is in draft stage. Row can be deleted by delete button which can be found at the bottom
Adding an expense to existing travel expense report
- By tapping travel expense report (when listing is by travel expense report) a menu with travel expense reports will open, in here you can add an expense
When to use full version?
- In travel expense report portion, travel expense reports cannot be factually verified or accepted
- In mobile you can only create travel expense report for yourself. If you need to create travel expense reports to others, you need to use full version
- Daily allowance calculator is only available in full version
- If a company uses CRM and travel expense report is to be targeted to CRM task and/or is marked as billable, you need to use full version
- Setting person to factually verify or accept travel expense reports to override the hierarchy level can only be done in full version
- If resource management is not on, employee cannot access travel expense report section at all from mobile interface
Moving between full version and mobile version
Moving from mobile version to full version can be done with the button in upper right corner. In the menu you can find “Change to desktop version”.
Changing back to mobile version can be done from the add and via secure link as explained earlier (see part “From where to mobile version”)
Beginning to use mobile interface
Beginning to use mobile interface does not require anything from the company and is available to all. User can choose themselves if they use desktop version or mobile interface.
A remainder service to send a new secure link is free of charge to resource management users but text messages (SMS) are charged according to price list.
To use travel expense reports in mobile interface user needs same permissions as in full version:
- Employee has to have Resource management turned on
- If this service is about to close, there will be notification in mobile versions home page
- If service is already closed, travel expense reports and work hours’ section will not be available
- Travel expense report management section needs to have edit permission in function specific permissions
- Employees status has to be active
- Secure link has to be valid so that it can be used to access Netvisor