Netvisor API basics and resources
You can integrate an external application / service with Netvisor by using our Web Service Interface. It enables bidirectional data transfer between systems. When using our Web Service Interface, data transfer to and from Netvisor must be done by an active software component. Data is transferred in XML format.
Service interface uses REST style communication over http. Request is sent by POSTing (in some rare cases only query string parameters are used) data to service address and the service replies with a response containing result data for request. Depending on used integration resource, request and response can contain various amount of data. Communication is always done by xml payloads.
Please note, that the Software partner creates an integration implementation on his own / 3rd party software according to Netvisor’s software interface description. He is responsible for the functionality of the implementation and also for giving needed guidance to end customer for using the integration. Please read Terms and conditions.
The integration API interface provides functions for both importing materials to, and requesting materials from Netvisor. The services the interface provides are divided into groups below. Common rules for all messages are:
- Dates must be in ANSI format
- Country codes must be in ISO-3166 format
- Attachments are base-64 encoded into the XML-message
- Empty elements are not necessary to write, for example in an update request an empty element is interpreted as a command to update the value to empty
- Required fields must not be empty
- Elements must be in the order determined in the DTD-file
The listing of the available resources can be found from For developers.
You can find examples and an implementation for sending requests, handling responses and writing authentication headers from Netvisor WS Client. Netvisor WS Client is a ready made library for communicating with Netvisor Web Service. It is written in vb.net and can be downloaded from: NetvisorWSClient
Here are described the meaning and purpose of the integration API's entries.
The messages' XML structure has been described in table form where possible and logical. Due to XML's structure the descriptions point to different section of the instructions to keep the whole clear.
Message descriptions' basic structure is the following:
- Basic information
- Used resource
- GET - usually requesting data from Netvisor
- POST - usually importing data to Netvisor
- Usually determined in QueryString, separated with ? character from the actual resource and after that with & character
- Not used in all messages
- XML-structure when importing data (POST)
- XML-structure has been described, as well as, for example, the number of elements and whether they are required
Every call is responded to with a XML-response, the structure of which largely corresponds to the call used. Response to GET-messages includes integration-specific data structure, that has been described each retrieval description below. POST type message are responded to, depending on the message, a Replies-element, that includes for example InsertedDataIndentifier-element including the ID value of the imported material.