It is easy to import products to Netvisor from Excel-tables or other systems. It is also possible to update existing product information using an Excel-table.
Data import -function enables importing product data from other systems into Netvisor in CSV (Comma delimited / Luetteloerotin) -format. CSV-format is a common data transfer format used when transferring data between systems. You can create a CSV-file by for example saving a spreadsheet file in CSV (Comma delimited / Luetteloerotin). Please note that if the file name has special characters it can cause an error when importing the file.
The Data import -function is available for all companies without additional costs. The user must have editing authorization for "Perustietojen hallinta" and "Perustietojen tuonti" in Accounting Function specific rights. Data import -function can be found in Netvisor from Company menu > Data import and export > Data import.
Fields used in product detail import and edit
|Imported data in Finnish||Imported data translation||Description|
|Tuotekoodi||Product code||Recommended. When updating product information the product code is used in targeting information. Max 50 characters.|
|Hinta||Price||Compulsory. Always net price when importing into Netvisor.|
|Kotimaan myyntitili||Home country sales bookkeeping account||Only account number, e.g. 3000|
|EU-maiden myyntitili||EU sales bookkeeping account||Only account number, .e.g 3350|
|EU-maiden ulkopuolinen myyntitili||Outside EU sales bookkeeping account||Only account number, e.g. 3380|
|Hintatietokerroin 1||Price group coefficient 1||The price group has to exist in Netvisor before import. One coefficient per price group can be imported.|
|Hintatietokerroin 2||Price group coefficient 2|
|Hintatietokerroin 3||Price group coefficient 3|
|Hintatietokerroin 4||Price group coefficient 4|
|Hintatietokerroin 5||Price group coefficient 5|
|Hintatietokerroin 6||Price group coefficient 6|
|Hintatietokerroin 7||Price group coefficient 7|
|Hintatietokerroin 8||Price group coefficient 8|
|Hintatietokerroin 9||Price group coefficient 9|
|Hintatietokerroin 10||Price group coefficient 10|
|Kuvaus||Description||Max 200 characters|
|Tuoteryhmä||Product group||Product group has to exist in Netvisor before import. Product groups are not set us automatically.|
|Verokanta||VAT rate||Integer, e.g. 24|
|Yksikköpaino||Unit weight||Weight is always imported in grams (g). Has to be integer, no decimals. If one unit weight is given, unit weight has to be given on all rows. If unit weight is not needed for all products, has to be given as zero (0).|
Here are the example files for import:
In the CSV file the data of one product needs to be given on one row, each field separated in their own column. Remove the empty columns so that if there is no information in the column, remove it completely.
Format the file as text before import to avoid problem with numbers. If the file is handled with default settings, it can cause problems with numbers starting with zeros (e.g. 00130 Helsinki -> 130 Helsinki).
The format can be changed:
- Select the whole table
- Click the mouse's second button
- Select "Format cells"
- Select category "Text" (see picture below)
If you are using MAC, the format should be "Windows- comma separated (.csv)" or "Windows Comma Separated (.csv)". Newer MAC's may not have these formats and in these cases the import should be done on Windows workstation.
Steps of Product information Data import
- Open Company menu and find "Data import".
- Select the correct data type "Tuotetietojen tuonti" (see picture below, point 1) and press "Selaa..." (2).
- Find the file you are importing and press "Submit data" (3).
- The next step is to link imported fields to corresponding fields in Netvisor product details. These are shown only in Finnish so please see the table in "Fields used in Product detail import and edit" to link the fields correctly. By pressing "choose" (see picture below, step 1) a dropdown menu will open. From the dropdown menu you can choose what information is imported in the selected column. In the picture below the selection has been made (2) and the column includes product code.
- If the imported file has column headlines by selecting "First row contains column headlines (not imported)" these headlines are not imported to Netvisor (3).
- After all the fields have been selected, press "Update selected fields" (4).
- Green colour indicates that the imported information is correct (see picture below, step1). Red indicates error and the row is not imported.
- Summary (see picture below, step 2) shows that the file has one new customer, one edited product and no products with errors. "Edits" tells that the product already exists in Netvisor. If there are "Error lines", these lines are not imported. The errors should be corrected into CSV file and start the import from the beginning to be able to import product details.
- "Reference" -link (see picture below, step 3) will redirect to the existing product details in Netvisor.
- After selecting the fields, two different functions are shown:
"Update only above updatable fields" (4) - This will handle only "Edit" (3) fields and all new fields are skipped.
"Continue to choose relation infromation" (5) - This will import all new products (Inserts) to Netvisor and also update existing ones (Edits).
After pressing "Continue to choose relation information" reference fields are chosen. The selected fields are:
Tuoteryhmä - Product group
Yksikkö - Unit
Myyntituote - Saleable product
Varastotuote - Stockable product
Oletusvarasto - Default stock
Verokanta - VAT rate
Varastotili - Stock account
Kotimaan myyntitili - Home country sales bookkeeping account
EU-maiden myyntitili - EU sales bookkeeping account
EU-maiden ulkopuolinen myyntitili - Outside EU sales bookkeeping account
The fields on the CSV file will be updated to existing fields automatically. If the fields are not updated automatically or the field has been empty in the CSV file, you can choose the field (e.g. customer group, payment term) manually from the dropdown menu. After the fields have been selected, the import is done by pressing "Save data".
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback