If you wish to create a credit note for the selected invoice, there are two ways to do this.
Create a credit note for total amount of original invoice
1. Open the selected invoice and click sales invoice functions. There select create a credit note. Netvisor creates new credit note, which contains negative value in amount field. This is same amount but in negative value as the original invoice. Then credit note needs to be saved by pressing save invoice -button. Then the credit note needs to be sent by pressing send invoice -button. It is possible to send this via e-mail, e-invoice, PDF ePrinting services or do the local printing. Then credit note receives voucher and it is in bookkeeping.
2. Another way to create a credit note is to go to open sales invoices or sales invoice list. There either look correct invoice line or search it using for example invoice number. After the invoice line there is so called triangle -button, there select create a credit note. Then credit note is unsent and it needs to be sent via preferred channel so it receive voucher.
Create a credit note for partial amount of original invoice
If you wish to do credit note for partial amount of original invoice, then first credit note needs to be created as instructed before. When credit note is shown on invoice screen, there needs to be edit or remove invoice lines. Or edit the invoice line amount field. Then credit note needs to be sent via preferred channel so it receive voucher.
Manual Credit note
It is also possible to create manual credit note. First create new sales invoice. There is also detailed instruction page for this. But when you add invoice row, amount field must contain negative value. It is also possible to edit the products price, so that credit note gets correct total price. It is also possible to create new product for this use. But if company uses stocks in Netvisor then the negative amount product needs to be same as in the original invoice so that stock also get correct value. When credit note is ready and saved, then credit note needs to be sent via preferred channel.
Allocate credit note to the sales invoice
It is possible to allocate credit note to the sales invoice when both invoices are send or printed and both of them contains voucher. It is possible to allocate invoices when both of them contains same customer and currency. Allocation can be done in sales invoice list. There select or search the correct credit note. In the end of credit note line, there is so called triangle -button, there select allocate. You cannot allocate credit note, which doesn't contain open amount. When you have clicked allocate, new window opens where you can select correct sales invoice and then click "kohdista tähän" -link.
If both invoices and credit note contain same amount (credit note contains negative amount) the both invoices are paid in this date.
If credit note is larger amount than sales invoice, then it is possible to allocate the rest of the amount into another sales invoice. It is possible to allocate credit note as long as it contains open amount.
If credit note is smaller than sales invoice, then after allocation credit note is totally paid, but sales invoice still contains open amount. It is possible to allocate several credit note into one bigger sales invoice.
Credit note is paid using bank transfer
If credit note is paid to the customer by using bank transfer then in allocation field select "Suoritus" -link (new payment). Then select correct bank account and correct date. (date when this is shown on bank statements).
How to cancel the allocation
1. Go to the Sales > Invoicing > Payments. Search payments for selected customer and payment date (payment date is found in invoices). Choose all and click show list.
2. Look the payments and there are 2 lines. One with positive value and another in negative value. Remove both these lines by clicking delete. Do not delete or invalidate the vouchers. Those are invoices voucher, not payment vouchers.
3. When allocation is removed search the sales invoice and credit note in sales invoice list. After the line select the triangle -button and select update status. Choose the new status "open" or "due for payment".
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback